Friday, December 26, 2008

What I Believe

I believe that we are all children of a very loving Heavenly Father who knows each of us perfectly.I know that He is mindful of us. He knows perfectly our hearts, our hopes, our disappointments, and our sorrows. He knows how to help us. He has created a wonderful plan for us to learn and grow here on Earth. I know that this life has a great purpose, and that we can return home to live with Him someday, having learned what we need to learn in mortality. I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers. When I live in accordance with the gospel, I am filled with so much joy and happiness! When I don't, I recognize the withdrawal of the spirit, and I feel empty inside. I am certain that living the gospel brings more happiness and fulfillment than anything else in this world.

I know that the Bible and the Book of Mormon are true. They strengthen and confirm each other and go hand in hand. I know that essential parts of Christ's original gospel that were lost through apostasy have been restored to Earth once again! I know that Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon by the gift and power of God. I know that families can be together forever because of the priesthood and sealing power that is again on the Earth. Most importantly, I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can be cleansed from sin and receive a fulness of joy. The Atonement is central to Heavenly Father's plan and is the greatest manifestation of His love for us. He wants us to be happy. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment