Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy March!

Hey! Thanks for the emails!! I enjoyed the pictures. I'm glad you both had great birthdays. Jennifer and Jessica, I got your letters last week, thank you! No I didn't hear about the big Earthquake in Chile - yikes. I'm pretty isolated here - not much news from the outside world. :) I also didn't hear anything about the tsunami warning for here in the Philippines. It hasn't rained at all since I've been here. We'll see I guess! That's scary about the storm/flooding in Comodoro. Stay safe!
I received 15 letters last Tuesday. Wowee what a surprise! I don't think I've ever had that much mail at once in my life! Thank you all :)

Well, it's March! Guess what. My Mission president has started a new mission plan for March and April. These are No Tracting months. We are focusing on reactivation. You'd be surprised at how many less-active member we run into when tracting. I am excited. Many members we run into no longer have a copy of the Book of Mormon because it was ruined in the recent typhoon. I am thinking about getting some ziploc bags to hand out with Books of Mormon, to keep them waterproof during rain :)

I love the elderly in this area. They are soooooooo sweet. And so hard-working. It's quite a sight to see little old ladies sitting cross-legged on bamboo benches or riding trike bikes. They always go out of their way to be hospitable and share what little they have, even when they themselves have so little. They are truly saints. I love them so much. One cultural custom that they do here, in respect for the elderly--you take their hand and raise it to touch your forehead. Whenever you do that, it's called "bless"ing them. I love it! I love the Philippines. I love being a missionary.

Not much time to write much else.
Talk to you next week!

P.S. I love you!
P.P.S. Especially *You!*

No comments:

Post a Comment