Monday, March 28, 2011

Mahal ko kayo!

Good morning!

I'm sorry my last email didn't get to you. We went to Dagupan last week for a career workshop for those returning home, and the computer was being too slow. Last week I found out I will be training for my last transfer. My companion is Sister Ledesma, from Bacolod (her native language in Ilonggo). She is wonderful! I like her. I am also in the same apartment with Sister Caras who is also training (we were companions for only two weeks). This is going to be a fun transfer! Oh and by the way, I did meet the elder sister, sister Walker, who you mentioned knows Uncle Joe. She works in the employment center in Dagupan, but we never go there unless we are going home, so that's why I knew nothing about her. She and I had a great chat and she asked to send her love to the Hickens! Guess what! The Agustin Family, Christina Abaya, and Haidi Israel all got baptized! I am happy! I love them all so much. On Wednesday we will be going to Baguio for an all-sisters training, which is exciting. I love it when we get to see President and sister Jensen. We are teaching a brother named Danilo Ordonia. He is in his 30s and always has a lot of great "questions of the soul." We met him when we got a ride in his tricycle and invited him to church and he eagerly accepted a return visit. He has been attending church ever since and preparing to be baptized on April 30! We also met another wonderful family - the mom came to church yesterday and had a wonderful experience. I was surprised at how great all the lessons were - each testimony, talk, lesson all seemed to touch perfectly on all the needs of our investigators. I felt very uplifted and edified. I am so excited for general conference! I think this is a wonderful opportunity to step back for a couple days and "see things as they really are." In our backwards world, where things are not always represented how they really are, this is an opportunity to see more clearly and put things into the proper perspective. Heavenly Father will be giving us some clear solid direction that we need in order to be safe these next few months. Let's all make it a priority and trust in Him and His servants by following their counsel :)

I love you! Thanks for all you're doing! Life is great!

Love always,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment