Thursday, May 19, 2011

Final Mission Letter May 2

Haha! You're actually here! (assuming you didn't miss a flight and are stranded in Korea). I'm so excited to see you!!
This has been a great last week here in Binmaley. I absolutely love missionary work. Saturday and Sunday we went to Lingayan to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the church in the Philippines. They had a broadcast of a bunch of youth doing native dances and then a devotional with Elder Cook, Elder Packer, and Sister Beck. It was great. I was so happy that Myrna, Danilo, and Reynaldo were all able to come. So brother Reynaldo is doing great! We visited him for the last time last night, shared the story of the Anti-Nephi-Lehis who buried their swords. It made me so happy to hear him tell me that he is going to stay active in the church and endure to the end, for sure! 100%! He mentioned how ever since he's been baptized and received the gift of the Holy Ghost, he's had a stronger urge to not let a single day go past without reading the Book of Mormon, and also a greater desire to share the gospel with others. He's also actively involved in helping to strengthen brother Danilo. The two of them talked on Sunday about why his baptism fell through, and he encouraged brother Danilo to get right back up on his feet and continue on the right path. They worked out a deal where they will go to church every Sunday together (in brother danilo's trycicle). That makes me way happy. Brother Danilo's motivation and excitement are coming back. Last week he was pretty depressed and drained of energy and weakening in testimony. But now it's coming back, so I'm really happy about that!

I'm way excited to see you tomorrow. You will love President and Sister Jensen! They are the best!
I love you!

Love, Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. Sister Boekweg,
    I have been called to serve as a Missionary in the Baguio Philippines mission, I enter the Provo MTC on Sept 28th! I was trying to research the Philippines, I have found President and Sister Jensen's MIssion blog they keep updated, but I also ran across your blog too! I hope you don't think thats strange! haha I have really enjoyed reading your entries and can feel the spirit, and am even more enthused about going to Baguio!! I am so incredibly excited, but extremely nervous! I hope it's alright I commented on your blog, I just wasn't really sure how else to contact you! I am assuming you're home now, and just wanted to know if you had any advice or words of wisdom for me as I'm getting ready to head out!
    Thanks so much for your spirit filled posts! They are much appreciated!
    Love,
    Kimberly Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Kimberly! That's so exciting! You're going to the best mission in the world! (sorry, I haven't checked this since I got back). Man I miss it so much over there. President and Sister Jensen are amazing! You'll love them! Well that's awesome, I'm glad you found my blog and that it helped. Well, let's see if I can think of any good advice. First of all, I wouldn't get any super nice/pricy shoes - because once you get there, you'll discover that just about everyone just wears rubber shoes (like crocks, but they're dressy). They are usually pretty easy to find in malls or shoe shops. Secondly, I brought a huge raincoat thinking I would need it-- but never used it. So don't worry about that. As far as the language goes, start now :) any vocab you start learning will really help. Feel free to add me on facebook, and I'd be more than happy to answer any other questions you have! I'm under Rebecca-Alex Balinski. Good luck!! You're in for the best experience of your life!

    ReplyDelete