Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Life is full of surprises

Hello my dear wonderful family and future family! I love you!!!

Sorry so this is going to be quick. so I just got done with a career workshop here in Dagupan. It was great, I learned so much and came out of it feeling so empowered for the future. So last week - what a week! It was filled with some of the highest highs and the lowest lows... Brother Reynaldo Balagot (62) was baptized and confirmed on Saturday. He was so happy. It made me so happy to see him so happy and fully involved as a member of the church. Unfortunately, brother Danilo threw a surprise on us and backed out an hour before the service. We were shocked, especially because of how much he's been progressing and how ready he seemed. Just of Friday, he showed us 4-pages worth of notes that he had written, just on one verse we had given him to read, on things he had learned. Out of all the investigators we've been teaching, he definitely seemed like the one who would be the most faithful and the most committed member of them all. Well, yesterday we went and visited him, and long story made short - he feels really depressed because he still really wants to be baptized, and I guess it was just Satan working on him that morning and he had some emotional/mental turmoil. Well, on top of that, he's been having hallucinations recently, and it's so sad. he wants to change so badly and move on with his life, but the effects of his former drug-abuse (way back in the 80s) are making it hard on him. Please pray for him. If you get the chance you could also put his name in the temple. I feel at peace. Everything happens for a reason. I really believe that. Sometimes life throws surprises at us, and often life doesn't turn out the way we expected. Heavenly Father sees the end from the beginning, and when we trust Him, he is sure to open doors and windows to us that we never thought possible. He's got it all figured out. It's very comforting to know that He knows the desires of our hearts, and if we turn to Him in faith, He'll help everything work out wonderfully! Yesterday I gave a "farewell" talk in sacrament meeting. I'm sure going to miss Binmaley. I love being a missionary. I am so excited to see you all soon! I guess next week, you'll already be in Manila. I'll see you on Tuesday! Sorry I haven't been sending pictures recently - I always run out of time, but I'll have plenty to show you next week!

P.S. I love you all, ESPECIALLY YOU! :) can't wait to see ya!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment