Friday, June 22, 2012

Kumusta!





Kumusta Family!

Life is good :)

This week has been somewhat eventful. Last Friday, Sister Richardson (one of the sisters in my district) found out she needed to go home for sugery. She had to leave the next morning. She was super sad to go because she doesn't know if she'll be able to come back. Everyone in my district got Philippines T-shirts from the bookstore, and we took pictures together before she left. We all went with her to the travel office at 5am on Saturday to say goodbye. It was super sad. We all miss her, and we're hoping she'll be able to come back and finish her mission. Now Sister Aree, Sister Christensen, and I are in a trio. It's good so far. It's harder to teach with three people, but I think it's good.

On a happier note, teaching is getting easier. I am getting a lot better at Tagalog, and I'm able to say most of what I want to say most of the time...it just takes a while to process it in my brain (pus having to look up some vocab I don't know). My district is trying to SYL (speak your language) a lot more. Our teachers are really trying to get us to communicate as much as possible in Tagalog, in and out of class. It's been kind of hard to get that going because it's so much easier and faster to just say what we need to in English, but we're getting better at mostly using Tagalog.

On Sunday, Sister Dalton (the general YW president) spoke in Reliefsociety (Reliefsociety is with all the sisters at the MTC). It was really, really good. She talked about the enabling power of the Atonement in helping us do things beyond our own power. It was a really good Sunday. Every Sunday is good at the MTC.

Brother Ward (one of my teachers, if you didn't already gather that) has been gone for the past few days, and he won't be back until Thursday or Friday. It is very sad. He is a really good teacher. He is very good at Tagalog grammer, and he is just hillarious all the time. I often get into giggle fits during class, and he always says "Sige, Sister Boekweg." (Meaning, "okay, movin' on"). Now everyone in the district says that whenever anyone has a giggle fit.

Sorry I talk about this a lot, but I just love my district so much! I am going to be so sad when I have to say goodbye to them when we leave the MTC.

I'm sorry I don't have any dramatic spider stories to share this week. I think the spiders are all cowering in fear after last week's episode. Hehehe!

I love you all!

Love, Sister Boekweg

No comments:

Post a Comment