Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Kumusta!

Kumusta, Pamilya ko!

 It's P-day again! The temple is now closed, so we didn't get to go this morning, but Sister Christensen and I went on a run around the perimeter of the MTC this morning, and it was awesome! We don't ever get to exercise in the morning because we are always in class or at the temple, so it super nice this morning.

Last Tuesday, Elder L. Tom Perry was our devotional speaker (not President Uchtdorf, like I thought). There were 10 Apostles there (all except Pres. Packer and Elder Hales), and we had pretty good seats. It was so awesome! Especially since Sister Aree had never been in the same room as an Apostle before, so it was really cool for her.

Last Tuesday we also got a new district in our zone. There is only one sister in that district, and she is going to Laoag! Her name is Sister Tauti. Since she is a solo sister, they assigned me as her companion (probably because we're both going to Laoag). Basically, we just have to be together whenever she is not with her district. I'm also still in the threesome with Sister Christensen and Sister Aree, so I kind of have three companions. It's maganda.

I'm so glad I'm on a mission! I am learning so much. It's amazing how much I've learned. I understand a lot of things differently than I did before I was a missionary. I'm really excited to go to the Philippines! I was really nervous, but I'm feeling more and more prepared, so I think it will be great! Tagalog is coming along really well. I'm amazed at how much I'm able to communicate in Tagalog already. I still have a long way to go, of course, but it's coming really well.

Yesterday, there was a spider in my classroom. It was crawling along the wall by Elder Paige's desk, trying to look innocent, but we all knew it had malicious intentions. Elder Paige tried to kill it, but it fell to the ground, and it could not be found (haha...I rhymed!). It was a little disconcerting. Fortunately it was later found and squashed. :)

Quote of the week: "I'm going to wake up at 6:35, go swimming, hug some girls...." --Brother Ward

I love you all! Thanks for being the bestest family ever!

Love, Sister Lisa Boekweg

No comments:

Post a Comment