Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Groundhog Day!

(that's Feb 1st, right?)
Hello!
Guess what? Sister Broadhead got transferred out of Dagupan, and so did Sister Jover. I'm going to miss them. But I now have a new "roommate" - Sister Ballena. She is 25, short, jolly, spunky, and hard working :) Oh, and also I found out on Saturday that Sister Parks has to be reassigned to serve the rest of her mission in Minnesota (because I guess her stomach problems got worse). She's being shipped out tomorrow. I wish I could see her before she goes. It's sad, but I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for her there. At least she's still able to serve stateside! I'm glad she we got to be companions in the MTC. Lisa, might you be able to look up the Minnesota mission address at the mailroom? Also the address for Katrina's mission in North Carolina. Thank you so much, that would be amazing!

Adventures this week:
I tried a yummy Filipino dessert called Bilobilo. It's made of a special kind of rice rolled up in balls on banana leaves and cooked in some kind of liquid with bananas and fruit. Kinda hard to describe, but tasty! Also today I tried "Halo halo" - another Filipino dessert - with ice, cream, flan, fruit, nuts, coconut. :)
On Tuesday, we had a CSP service activity as a district at an investigator's house, cutting/pruning banana trees. It was cool. I kind of felt like I was an amazon woman in the jungle with my machete knife.
This week, we started teaching the Moreno family. Sister Luna, the mom, is soooooo sweet, and I feel like their family really is prepared to receive the gospel. We were able to teach them about the restoration and felt we needed to emphasize the Book of Mormon, because that is the key in gaining a testimony of the restored gospel. We may not be the most eloquent teachers or "presenters of the message of the restoration, but if we can get people to latch onto the Book of Mormon, therein lies the power of conversion.

Yesterday, Sister Garma, Sister Tobias, Sister Balleno, and I sang a special musical number in Sacrament meeting "Love is Spoken Here" in Tagalog. We also sang it on Friday for a baptism in our ward. I'm so glad I have a Tagalog Primary songbook, because although we sing all the songs at church in English, the Filipinos love to use the Tagalog version for special events or programs.
Well, that's a little of what's been happening for this week. I've got to go now! I love you. Especially You :)
Love, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment