Monday, October 29, 2012

Hello!

Hello to my wonderful family!

I'm sorry to hear about Grandpa. Isn't it wonderful to know about the plan of salvation?

I am so grateful to be a missionary! I love it so much! It's hard, but it's so wonderful. I am learning so much about the plan of salvation, and about repentance, and about how everything in the gospel fits together so perfectly. It really is such a perfect plan that Heavenly Father has for us! I was reading in Alma 29 this morning, where Alma says, "Oh that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people! Yea, I would declare unto every soul...repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth." When I read that, I thought, wow, that's so true. Repentance and the plan of salvation are there for us so we can be happy--so there won't be any more sorrow upon the earth. I used to think repentance was a sad word because it means you are bad, so you have to repent. But now I know it is the happiest word in the world because it gives us a chance to change who we are, and to have peace in our hearts. I am so thankful for repentance! I don't ever want a day to go by where I don't use it. I love this gospel so much! I want everyone to have the gospel so they can feel how very very happy it feels to use the Atonement!

This week was the baptism of Shiela. I've only taught her for the past 2 or 3 weeks, but it was so special to see her be baptized, and to hear her testimony about how the gospel has changed her life. The gospel is true! I love it so much!

Love, Sister Boekweg.

No comments:

Post a Comment