Monday, April 22, 2013

March 18 Great Support from San Nicolas Members

This week has been pretty good. Sister Serrano has been kind of sick this week, so we didn't work on Friday, and I worked for only 3 hours on Saturday with one of the sisters from San Nicolas 2 (we did exchanges so we could teach Bro. M, who has a baptismal interview coming up). Sister Serrano is such a great example to me. Even when she was sick and couldn't work, she didn't ever complain. She is always happy no matter what. I am learning so much from her.

One thing that Sister Serrano always tells me is that fear comes from Satan, and so if our fear is higher than our faith, our faith decreases and it is impossible to teach by the spirit. I know that's true. Sometimes it's a little out of my comfort zone to teach, but I know I just need to have faith.

So, the members in San Nicolas 1 really love to work with us. There are a lot of YSA, and yesterday we had 8 fellowshippers working with us at one time. I felt like we had a fan club following us around. Hehe.

So, one funny thing that happened the other day: we were riding in the tricycle, and I needed to tell the trycicle driver to turn. But instead of saying "kanan po" which means "right" (or "turn right"), I accidentally said "kanin po" which means "rice". I quickly corrected my mistake, but not before Sister Serrano and the tricycle driver heard me. They laughed at me. I laughed too.

Anyway, that's about all for now. Thank you so much for your emails and everything! I love you! I know the gospel is true. There is really nothing like coming on a mission to really strengthen your knowledge and testimony of the gospel. I thought I knew what the gospel is all about before I came on my mission, but my knowledge was really very limited. I have learned so much as a missionary. The gospel is so much more simple than I used to think. It all centers around the Atonement and the doctrine of Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end). I am so grateful for what I have learned. Study "Preach My Gospel". I know it will bless you and your testimony will grow.

Love, Sister Boekweg

No comments:

Post a Comment