Monday, May 27, 2013

May 13 Grateful for My Family and the Gospel

This week I had a couple of interesting experiences. A drunk guy came up to us last Wednesday while we were walking and asked us to teach him because he wants to change his life. We taught him about the word of wisdom, and he kept saying "ganoon ba iyon?" ("really? is that how it is?"). It was really funny teaching him because he kept saying, "I love you... I love your teaching" and going off on random tangents. He said, though, that he would not drink or smoke anymore. We haven't gone back to teach him yet, so we'll see.

We had a similar experience with a nanay the next day. She was also drunk, and she also wanted us to teach her so she could change her life. It was really funny because she translated everything I said into Ilocano for me. We taught her about how the Book of Mormon can help her change.

Other than that, it's been a pretty normal week. We are preparing two investigators for baptism, Sister A, and Sister M. We are also teaching the family of Sister M, and her brother and sister were going to be baptized with her, but she is the only one who is ready to be baptized yet. Sister A's husband is the brother of the husband of Sister S. They're both really cute, fun girls.

Well, that's about it for now. I'm so grateful to be a missionary. I've really come to appreciate the gospel so much more than I did before my mission. Seeing families that don't have the gospel has really made me see how blessed I am to have been born into a family that has the gospel. I can't even tell you how grateful I am for that. So thank you, Mommy and Daddy, especially for being married in the temple and being active in the church and teaching me the gospel as I was growing up. You're the best parents I could ever ask for. I really think I have the best family in the world. That's another thing I've really come to appreciate on my mission as well, what a wonderful family I have. I miss you all a lot.

Thank you for all your emails. They brighten up my p-day every week. Just keep living the gospel, and doing the little things, like reading the Book of Mormon, praying, going to church, and going to the temple. It really makes all the difference. And you really don't know how blessed you are to be so close to the temple. I miss the temple so much. I think when I go home I will go there 3 times a week. Anyway, I love you all!

Love, Sister Boekweg

No comments:

Post a Comment