Monday, May 27, 2013

May 20 A New Companion

This week was pretty good. We had the baptism of sister A and sister M last Saturday. I was kind of worried that it wouldn't go well because the youth and the primary children who attended were being kind of rowdy before it started, but it turned out really well, especially when the bishop spoke afterward. 

Last week I was kind of sick with a cold. Sister Serrano was so sweet because she made soup for me on two of the nights. We usually don't eat dinner, or we just eat bread, but because I was sick, she went out of her way to cook for me. She is so sweet.

Speaking of Sister Serrano, I'm not with her anymore. She's going home this week, so she is now at the mission home. My new companion is Sister Quiles. She is really nice. She is from Cebu. President is adding two more sisters to San Nicolas one, which means we are splitting the area. One of them is going to be new from the MTC, so we are waiting for her to arrive. There are a ton of new missionaries arriving, especially sisters. There are so many new sisters coming that most of the sisters are training, even some who have been here for only 6 weeks. I am not training though. By July President said the mission will be 50/50 elders to sisters, and pretty much all the sisters will train. It's kind of exciting to see the missionary work progressing a lot.

Well, thanks for your emails and everything. You are the best family ever. I love you a lot! I'm really grateful to be a missionary here in the Philippines. I really am learning so much. I feel like I'm finally getting what missionary work is all about. I'm really grateful for the opportunity I had to be with Sister Serrano the last 2 transfers. She really taught me how to be a missionary.

Love, Sister Boekweg


No comments:

Post a Comment