Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April 29 -- Three Baptisms

Last Saturday we had the baptisms of Sister S, Nanay E, and Brother B. It's the most baptisms so far that I've ever experienced in one day. It was really nice. It was also a very long day. By about 4pm, after the wedding and baptism were over, I was about ready to flop down on my bed and sleep for 5 hours, but we still went out to proselyte (of course--we're missionaries; we don't take naps) for the rest of the evening.
 
Today we ate lunch at KFC. It's one of my favorite restaurants here in the Philippines--it's different here than in America, and it's yummy. I also love Jollybee, Chowking, and of course McDo (McDonald's).
 
I am so thankful to be a missionary. I'm finally starting to figure out what missionary work is all about. Sister Serrano is such a good example to me. I'm going to miss her so much when she goes home at the end of May.
 
Just always remember to live the gospel, no matter what happens in life, no matter what sacrifice is required, always put the gospel of Jesus Christ first, and everything will work out. I really know that is true. One of my favorite verses in the scriptures is D&C 97:8 ( I think that's the reference). It's about observing our covenants by sacrifice, and that's really what it's all about.
 
Sister Boekweg

No comments:

Post a Comment