Monday, August 19, 2013

August 12 -- Typhoon Warning

There was a typhoon warning this morning, and we weren't allowed to go out of our apartment until noon, so we did our laundry, and cleaning, and studies, and then President texted us that the typhoon was about to come so we still couldn't go out, and we were about to just have our p-day tomorrow instead. But all we got was some wind. It didn't even seem dangerous outside. So I was about to go crazy from staying inside...but then President texted again and told us the typhoon had turned and was heading toward the Baguio mission now, so we still got our p-day. Yay! So for those of you who thought I died in the typhoon, don't worry anymore.

This has been a really good week. I had a cool experience when I was on an exchange last Wednesday. We went to teach an investigator who had not seemed very receptive. We went to teach her, and she kept saying how she didn't understand what the missionaries had taught her, and that's why she didn't really want to listen. So we taught her about the Book of Mormon, and I felt like I should use the pictures in the front of the Book of Mormon to show and explain the history of the Book of Mormon and how we got it. After that, she said she understood it. And she was excited to read the Book of Mormon, and she was willing to let the missionaries come back. And she was receptive. I am so thankful for the Spirit because sometimes we don't know how to teach someone so they will understand, but the spirit always knows.

Also on that exchange, it was in an area that has a beach! I miss the beach so much. I was sooooo happy! And we got to teach a lesson on the beach. And we saw hermit crabs crawling around. And I must admit, I'm kind of jealous of missionaries who are assigned by the ocean. It hasn't happened yet for me. It was kind of funny because the Sister R. (the sister I had exchanges with) said she saw a shell moving, but I looked and didn't see anything. But then after a couple minutes, I saw it...and then there were lots of them. They were hermit crabs. We were teaching about faith at the time, and so I connected it to faith because Sister R. told me there were moving shells, but I didn't see it yet, but I trusted her that the shells really were moving, and so I saw it, and then there were many...just like we don't always see blessings at first, but if we trust God we will see them, and then there will be many blessings.

I just have to tell you, being a missionary is great! The gospel is true! Just live it!

Sister Boekweg

No comments:

Post a Comment