Monday, August 19, 2013

I Love Being a Missionary!

This has been a pretty good week.

I had a really cool experience this week with one of our new investigators. We were teaching him about faith, and it was only our third lesson with him, and we hadn't said anything to him yet about the Restoration or Joseph Smith, but at the end of the lesson, he said, "may itatanong ako. Paano naging propeta si Joseph Smith?" ("How did Joseph Smith become a prophet?") So we gave him a Restoration pamphlet and pointed him to page about Joseph Smith, and he started reading it right away, and he was very eager to know about it, and he had lots of questions. It was very exciting to see an investigator become very excited about having a living prophet.

I just love being a missionary so much. I can't even tell you. It just gets better and better. I can't imagine that I'm going home in 4 months. Time is sure flying. I really like being with Sister Quiles. She is a really dedicated missionary. And she is also a very fun companion. 

Last week, Nanay A's granddaughter was diagnosed with Asthma. It was a really hard week for her and her family especially because they don't have money to pay for health care. We got the Bishop to come give the granddaughter a blessing, and now she is starting to do better. The granddaughter’s mom sat in on Nanay's lesson on Saturday, and then she came to church with Nanay yesterday. I really hope she will continue. I hope their whole family will accept the gospel.

I love being here as a missionary. I am so thankful for the gospel. I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve as a missionary. I love you all!

Sister Boekweg

No comments:

Post a Comment