Thursday, August 8, 2013

Object Lesson About Baptism

This has been a great week. And a very busy one. We woke up early every day except this morning. We had 2 exchanges and 1 or 2 apartment checks for the elders, and also MLC. It was busy, but good.

We had the baptism of Sister C. and Tatay F on July 27. It was a great baptism. Tatay F.'s daughters also came to the baptism. Two of them are less active, and his youngest daughter is not yet a member. It was really great for them to be there. We are now teaching the youngest daughter. She is 10 years old, and she now has a baptismal date for August 31. We taught her about baptism by using a hard-boiled egg, and having her color the shell with a black marker to represent sin, and then she cracked it and peeled off the shell to represent what happens when we are baptized. It was really effective. We are planning to use a lot of object lessons for her. I'm excited.

My spiritual highlight for this week was probably yesterday when she taught one of our investigators with a baptismal date, and she was able to open up to us and share her concerns about being baptized, and we were able to help her resolve them a little bit. She knows what we're teaching is true, but she is just worried that after she is baptized she will stop going to church and then lots of problems will come because that's what happened before when she was baptized into another church. But we encouraged her to really pray to know if she should be baptized on August 31, and she said that she really felt happy during that lesson.

I am so happy to be a missionary. I know I say that in pretty much every email, but it is still true. I have learned so much more about the gospel than I ever thought I could. I love being a leader! It's taken me way out of my comfort zone, but I am so thankful for that. I have really grown a lot. I feel like a different person than I was when I started my mission. I can't believe I only have a few months left. Time sure flies. I am so excited to have a calling when I go home, and to do family history, and also volunteer at the referral center at the MTC (if that's still allowed).

Sister Boekweg

 

No comments:

Post a Comment