Monday, September 13, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Hello! Guess what, the Christmas season starts really early here. They are already playing Christmas music 24/7. It's pretty funny. Well, I'm in my 4th area now - Urdaneta 1st ward! My new companion is Sister Almaquer - she is 25, a nurse, and her native language is ilongo. I like her a lot. She and Sister Caras were MTC companions. I still think it's funny how there was a mix-up for two weeks, but actually I'm grateful, because I learned so much in those 2 short weeks, and I feel that Heavenly Father's hand must have been in it. Honestly, it was hard to leave, but now I am adjusted here in the 1st ward, and Sister Almaquer and I get along wonderfully. She is a great missionary! And she might be coming to Utah after her mission, so I might get to see her again. Yay!

Last week we had dinner at the bishop's house, and there was a roasted pig's head, with the apple in its mouth and everything. Haha! That's the first time I've seen something like that other than in the movies. The members here are so nice. They love to feed missionaries. We often get sent home with a bag of pansit, or bananas, or some kind of yummy ulam. It rained super hard one of the days this week - It was so loud that we couldn't even teach a lesson, even with shouting. I thought it was going to turn into a typhoon, but it settled down after a while and we were all safe :)

I know that Heavenly Father is watching over us. He knows us much more than we know ourselves. I'm so grateful for everything we are blessed with everyday. The Book of Mormon is true! The church of Jesus Christ has been restored to the Earth, and families can be together forever through Heavenly Father's plan of happiness. I miss the temple. I love sharing about the blessings of the temple with investigators. Temple blessings are one of the highest, most wonderful blessings we can receive in this life. We're so blessed. I love you all! Especially you :)

Love, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment