Wednesday, September 18, 2013

August 25 -- Too Much Rain Kept Us Inside

My spiritual highlight for the week was yesterday when we went to church. One of the investigators that I taught before with Sister Serrano, came to church. He is now in the area of Sister S and Sister M, but it made me really happy to see him there.  Yesterday when I shook his hand, he said, "it's good to be back." I am so excited about the change I saw in him because, when I was teaching him before, he wouldn't ever admit that he wanted to learn about the gospel. But now his pride is going away, and I really think he will be a great leader in the church. 

I am so thankful that there are 4 missionaries in San Nicolas 1 now. I am so excited about the progress I'm seeing in the ward. So many more people are progressing and coming to church than ever would have happened when it was only me and Sister Serrano here. I am so grateful to see the Lord's work progressing. It's very exciting.

Last Tuesday we had to stay inside all day long because it had been raining since Friday, and the area presidency didn't want the missionaries to go out because there were two missionaries who were injured from going out in the storm. So it was an interesting day. But I started reading the Book of Mormon in Ilokano, and it really helped me. So that was good.

Yesterday we taught the cutest family...well, the mother and children anyway. The mother is less active, but Sister C has been helping her to come back to church, and so we are now teaching her children.  All three of them have baptismal dates now, and they are really progressing. Before we ever taught him, he asked Sister C how he can be baptized. He is reading the Book of Mormon, and praying, and going to church, and now sister is starting to do that too. Yesterday was our first time to teach their other brother, but he wants to be baptized too. I'm excited about them.

The gospel is so wonderful. I never realized until I came on my mission how lucky I was to grow up with the gospel in my life. I'm so grateful to be a missionary. 

Sister Boekweg

No comments:

Post a Comment