Monday, September 23, 2013

New Area--New Companion!



This week was pretty good. We had a really good lesson yesterday with a part-member family. The wife is a returning less active, and this is the first time that we have been able to teach the husband. We weren't sure how receptive he would be because the wife had told us he's super Catholic. But we talked to them about how the gospel blesses families. And the husband was really receptive. He said he wants to attend church with his wife next Sunday. I really think he will be baptized.

We also had a baptism for two of our investigators who are the children of a returning less active. It was the nicest baptism I have attended here in the mission. It was held in the chapel, and a lot of the members wore Sunday dress, and it was a really reverent atmosphere.

The baptism was for Brother J and Sister C. They are so cute. They were so excited to be baptized--especially Brother J. Even though he is only 14, he is super excited about the gospel. I am super impressed with him. 

So...tomorrow is transfer day, and...I'm being transferred to Cagayan, which is the province in the mission that is super rural, and super Ilokano. I'm a little nervous. I've never been more than 1 hour away from Laoag before. Oh, and I will have my first American companion...Sister Woahn. I've got to admit, I'm really sad to leave San Nicolas. I've been here for almost 7 months, and I feel like this is the area where I really learned how to be a missionary. I feel like I've been here forever. I'm really sad to leave Nanay A. She's still working toward baptism, and I've been working so hard on her for the past 7 months, and she has really progressed a lot.

I am so thankful to be a missionary. It is such a privilege to be able to use all my time to serve the Lord. I am so thankful for the opportunity to teach the gospel every day. Mahal ko kayo! Ingat lagi!

Sister Boekweg

 

No comments:

Post a Comment